Saturday, April 3, 2010

Cycling Update

I put 83 miles on this week, which is good for what I am used to. I did a 52 mile group ride on Wednesday. About 40 people showed up and we ended up heading West towards Holy Hill. Our speeds started off comfortable but as soon as it got hilly some of the pro riders in the group decided to hammer us. I got into the front group of about 15, after getting gapped and bridging up a few times. Finally that group of 15 started splintering off and the 3 top riders (all pro's) rode away. So, the 12 of us regrouped and started a FAST paceline to finish the ride. We had one guy who kept getting dropped, so we had to pull back a few times and let him get back in. We averaged around 25-26 mph for about 20-22 miles of riding (from about mile 20-42). There were some stop signs in there too though. I felt great all through the ride (except when I got dropped off the front group). But I was definitely one of the stronger riders out there.


This morning I got up at 6:00 and headed out to Pewaukee for a solo ride. I decided to to the last 10 miles at race intensity (which is hard alone). I hammered up "hospital hill" and tried to maintain my HR over 170 for the rest of the way. I came pretty close, with a few dips down into the mid-160's. I definitely wanted to throw up. So, that was a pretty good ride.

I am hoping that I can place well in my few races that I end up doing in the next few weeks.

0 comments: