Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lone Ranger


Sara took Lily to California to help her mom out with managing some family stuff (surgeries, illness etc.) I have been doing everything I can to stay busy because it hurts my heart to think about how much I miss my little baby. I am so used to waking up every morning and seeing her little gummy smile. Dirk paces the house whining, looking around for the girls. Yesterday, to fill my day, I went on a 20 mile bike ride in the morning. Then I came home, put on my soccer gear and headed over to campus for the indoor soccer championship game (which we lost 4-1). That ended our reign as 3 time intramural soccer champs. Bummer. I ran straight home, took a shower and got my golf stuff together (my new clubs) and went over to New Berlin Hills. I met up with 3 of my classmates (Holtan, Griffith and Eddie) and we golfed 18 holes (walking). Then I came home to take Dirk out for a walk. I considered taking him for a run, but I thought my legs might fall off.


Overall it was a fun day. And it kept me busy. I crashed hard last night, so that was good.

I have my 1st bike race of the year this Saturday. I am also making headway on my practice startup. I have the location narrowed down to a couple of intersections in some nice busy areas. I am looking forward to getting out there to seal the deal.

0 comments: