Saturday, August 1, 2009

More Giselle, some biking and Airplanes

This mouse has a 0% chance of survival.

I caught Giselle in the middle of a hunt. This mouse wasn't found till two days after this picture though.




Lately I have been taking up new forms of bike racing. One being track racing, the other being mountain bike racing. I have actually raced on the track twice now, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. I have only mountain bike raced one time, and it didn't turn out so well. The mountain bike race was at crystal ridge, I crashed over 10 times, with 4 of those being crashes that sent me over the handlebars. Most of my crashes were just my shoulders hitting trees very hard and knocking me down though. It's now 3 days after the mountain bike race and I still have very little skin on my shoulders. The track racing is fun because the races are really short, about 3-10 minutes long. This is great for me because I have no endurance whatsoever. Last fall I tried a cyclocross race, which I am thinking I want to try again this year. So, now I have competed in mountain, cyclocross, road and track cycling races. As for now, I would say track is my favorite.




Today I went to the EAA Airventure in Oshkosh. It was amazing. I got really stoked checking out the general aviation and sticking my nose in some 500K-3M dollar private planes. I also really enojoyed the Warbirds area, which was filled with P-51's and had a smattering of other older planes. We saw the White Knight II taxiing down the runway (Virgin Galactic).



While climbing into the cabin of a Cirrus, my friend Matt asked the man from Cirrus what the list price was on the plane. He said, "3.5-4 million." So, with a straight face (with a handlebar mustache) and wearing tattered shorts and tennis shoes, I asked the guy if he will take a check. And he looks at me with a slightly dirty look and says "wire transfers only, son."

I don't even know how to do a wire transfer.

Here is the Cirrus below and me digging through my wallet for the the 1.5 million dollar deposit. I was a few dollars short, otherwise I would have flown that thing right home.


The flying car was another of my favorite attractions. The sign says, "transition driving to flying in just 5 minutes, plus walk around." I am confused though, do you walk around while you are driving or flying?



Here is a Russian Mig 21. Not quite the same one that Maverick flipped off in Top Gun, but very similar.


I will soon post an update with my veggies. Hold on to your hats.

0 comments: