Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Comment on Cooking


Tomatoes from my very garden.


On Thursday night I had a craving for some baked goods. So, like any good American, I decided to bake myself a batch of 3 dozen Snicker Doodles. I started to work my way through them as they came out of the oven. I probably ate about 6 before I realized I had no limit to the amount of cookies I could eat. So, rather than eat all 36 cookies on my own, I decided to seal up 24 of them into a ziploc bag to take to school with me the next day to share with the rest of Clinic A. Well the first four or five people to partake of my cookies made sure to come by to tell me "Hey, say thanks to Sara for the cookies, they were great." I just rolled my eyes and said sure, even though I had announced to everyone beforehand that I had cooked them and not Sara. Oh well, I came home and told Sara "thanks" anyway.

To spice things up once in a while I like to take Sara back to her Italian roots. I plucked a delicious yellow squash from my container garden this afternoon. I whipped up a rustic style homemade pizza. I paired the dish with a 2009 vintage OceanSpray Cranberry Grape 100% Juice. It adds a delicate compliment to the meal, enhancing the natural flavors while clearing the palate.



The final product was so good.


Ironically, I ate this dinner alone. Well, Dirk was there... barking at the people walking on the sidewalk in front of our house.

2 comments:

svmama3

Look at you! You got dad's gardening skills...looks good!

Tim and Sara

You are my favorite...